There are a couple of differences between 4.1 and 4.2 that make it absolutely necessary that 4.1 is completely uninstalled before 4.2 is installed in order to avoid conflicts.
1) Export the components if a backup is necessary.
2) Open Task Manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc), open Services tab, right-click and stop the FanControllerService and the LEDManagerService.
3) Uninstall 4.1 (right click on Start button-Programs & Features, double-click on Hippotizer Version 4.1.0 and follow the uninstall wizard).
4) Delete both folders
5) You may also need to manually remove the mongodb database and files. Check your services in Computer management and make sure the MongoDB service has been removed (is not listed) and then delete the folder
To manually remove the MongoDB service, run a command prompt as Admin and then type SC delete MongoDB and press enter. You should get a confirmation message from the Services manager of Success.
6) You are now free to install the latest version of Hippotizer.
Articles in this section
- Nevis+ Display EDID Feature Highlight
- Rosendahl Mif4 Firmware Update
- Windows updates occurring on Nevis+
- Updated firmware required to run latest Notch Blocks
- TIERRA+ NOTCH prerequisite needed
- Supported capture cards
- Action required on BOREAL+ and TAIGA+
- AMD Radeon Pro on TAIGA+ and BOREAL+
- 4.4.x versions of Hippotizer requires clean install
- Upgrade from Hippotizer v4.1.x